Big E Loudspeakers

A Forum to discuss Big E Loudspeakers and the MVW technology

selling one of my basses

mikearnopol
    Manufacturer
    Manufacturer

selling one of my basses

Post by mikearnopol on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have to sell my favorite bass. The only reason is that I have a neck/shoulder injury and have had to move to ultra light chambered basses. This bass isn't that heavy at 9 1/2#, but on a 4 or 5 hour gig---my shoulders can't handle it.

This is the same bass that David Hungate and Willy Weeks play exclusively. Made by Chopper Anderson in Nashville. This is a special custom paint job that I requested. The body was dipped and swirled with multi-colors. The pics don't do it justice. I had a hard time photographing it because the finish is like a mirror.

What sets the Alien Audio basses apart is the preamp by legendary Nashville electronics guru Mo West. 3 band eq. Passive treble cut  that when you pull out changes from a vintage type tone to a modern hifi tone. The  master volume pulls out to give a killin' overdrive.The 2Tek bridge gives amazing sustain and solidity in the lows and sounds like an acoustic bass guitar in the highs. The double P pickups make this bass amazingly versatile. I can go from a vintage P to a grindy MM sound. And then to a very modern hifi sound. The bass is less than a year old and is in totally mint condition. $2400 new.

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:32 am