Big E Loudspeakers

A Forum to discuss Big E Loudspeakers and the MVW technology

Update on Silver Wheels Skating rink

Leland Crooks
    Manufacturer
    Manufacturer

Update on Silver Wheels Skating rink

Post by Leland Crooks on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:32 am

They've been running for a while now. 2 GC28's and a single SLVX218. They're still not financially capable of having me do the full install. A while back Steve told me to run the 218 vertically in a corner. Okaaaay. I know from experience running MVW subs vertically does things differently than any normal design.

Well, it's pretty obvious they corner load like a horn, maybe more so. Holy moly. Rod (owner) was trying to adjust his amplifier about 10ft away and couldn't because his eyeballs were shaking so badly. This is in a big place, the rink floor is 160x60....
    Steve Regier
    Inventor
    Inventor

Re: Update on Silver Wheels Skating rink

Post by Steve Regier on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Yep,  corned load in vertical orientation (Lil'E in normal orientation) 18 to 24“ from the walls. It puts the near/far transition (Event Horizon) into the power node the MVW generates in a room (18“ to 24“ from the wall in the corners). We did this at an American Legion gig recently when the processor went down and we had to power the sub (Lil'E - 21) with a channel on the stage monitor amp. It pounded harder on one third the power.

Leland Crooks
    Manufacturer
    Manufacturer

Post by Leland Crooks on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:17 am

I went out and heard it myself yesterday.  It just pounds you like a hammer.  Flapping clothes, just slamming.  Time to find time for measurements.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:59 pm