A Forum to discuss Big E Loudspeakers and the MVW technology

preliminary artwork

mikearnopol
    Manufacturer
    Manufacturer

preliminary artwork

Post by mikearnopol on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Preliminary artwork==no name yet. There will be much more lettering and numbers. There will be visual dividers to differentiate the various eq sections. Just a basic idea of the vibe.
    MarkA
    Bronze Member
    Bronze Member

Re: preliminary artwork

Post by MarkA on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:18 am

That's one full faceplate. Dividers between sections are a good idea. Can't muster any specific, helpful suggestions at the moment but to say that, with that much (cool) stuff on the amp, you'll want to really take your time to make sure that everything is as clear and intuitive as can be and that, layout-wise, everything flows as well as possible (think of making adjustments on a busy stage). Obviously, your own extensive experience will help here, Mike, and I'm sure the thing will be repeatedly gig-tested before release, but it might be a good idea to have some people who are less intimately familiar with the amp give it a whirl and see how they get on with it. Jake Wolf has been using an Empress Para EQ with his 2Di4, I think, and that would be one less pedal he'd need in the chain, playing into this amp or pre. I'm sure you can think of another high level player or two to put it through its paces.

Looks classy otherwise - nice to see MAS on the front of an amp! I'll show the design to Tom and see what he thinks.

Maybe a silly idea, but different colored knobs to help differentiate different functions? Won't take the place of good layout, obviously and could look cheesy, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:32 am