Big E Loudspeakers

A Forum to discuss Big E Loudspeakers and the MVW technology

Help with 46

purpleflyhunter

Help with 46

Post by purpleflyhunter on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:55 am

Howdy Fellas -

Checking in with my resources to see what advice you all may have.

I've got the 46 cabinet and have been dealing with a possible blown speaker but I'm not absolutely positive. I would describe the sonic tension as buzzy and distorted but not at all times and not at all frequencies. I haven't been able to deduce exactly what brings the issue forward. However, it's ruined all of the clarity these wonderful cabs provide. (I don't know, it's difficult to verbalize this kind of stuff.)

For reference, I'm using a 4ohm, 500watt, Kustom amp and have never used the cabinet outside of rehearsal.

My question is if anyone has advice on how to remediate an issue like this or have any of you experienced these symptoms? If it is a blown speaker how might I go about replacement? More importantly, what might have caused the blown speaker and how do I prevent it from happening again?

I'm grateful for any guidance or feedback you may have. Let me know if I need to clarify more.

Cheers,

-joshua
    mikearnopol
    Manufacturer
    Manufacturer

Re: Help with 46

Post by mikearnopol on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:32 am

Hey Joshua
    Sorry--I missed getting back to you---my bad. Give me a call at 224 628 6162---your speaker is under warranty. Send it back and I'll fix it pronto.

to everyone here----I'm much better at returning phone calls. When things get crazy busy sometimes I get overwhelmed with messages and email. Since Tom and Steve got me one of those silly trucker's headsets---communicating by phone is fantastic! I can work and talk at the same time! Best productivity tool ever!
    MarkA
    Bronze Member
    Bronze Member

Post by MarkA on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Did you get a silly trucker's hat to go with the headset? No sense in doing things halfway!

Re. the woofer, it might be worth checking if simply tightening down the screws on it (and the others) gets rid of the problem. Duke Lejuene posted something on TB about doing this periodically as the wood compresses around the woofers in lightweight (non Baltic Birch) cabs.

If that doesn't do it, though, I'm sure Mike will take care of you. He's always helped me with any questions/issues I had, even when they turned out to be my fault (like when I thought I was farting out my 112 but it turned out the battery in my bass was low - embarrassing.

purpleflyhunter

Post by purpleflyhunter on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:05 pm

howdy all -

spoke with Mike earlier in the week. Heck of a nice guy and very helpful with my issue. I'm guessing anyone who is on this forum is already a pretty big fan of the product but a quick endorsement for the MAS product and follow-up support is definitely well deserved. No worries about post-purchase issues.

Now, if I had just remembered to keep my original packaging I wouldn't be struggling with how to get it back to him! :-)

Cheers, all. Hoping this finds you well.

ps, save your original packaging!!! :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:43 am