Big E Loudspeakers

A Forum to discuss Big E Loudspeakers and the MVW technology

ORIGINAL MAS46s. Who has them or HAD them? Info? Impressions? Thoughts? Comments?

iualum

ORIGINAL MAS46s. Who has them or HAD them? Info? Impressions? Thoughts? Comments?

Post by iualum on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 am

Hello everyone. There are a couple original MAS46s available to me for an attractive chunk of change affraid . Most guys like the latest/greatest of, well, most things Blues Blothers . Me 3. But gotta think that these 1st generation cabs are still very formidable compared to the market. Would love to hear about them from anyone who's played and/or heard them.

BTW, when did the 1st generation 46s come to be? Can't have been too long ago. 2 years? 3 tops? How old's MAS anyway?

Lay the 411 on me Vortex .
    mikearnopol
    Manufacturer
    Manufacturer

Re: ORIGINAL MAS46s. Who has them or HAD them? Info? Impressions? Thoughts? Comments?

Post by mikearnopol on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:32 am

One more thing----there is a HUGE difference between the 1st generation 46's and subsequent ones. A bit too scooped in the mids, IMO. The Faital 3's make a big difference. Also, a lot of improvements in cabinet tuning. A lot. The first gen cabs do all of the Big E stuff but most of the work since then has been in getting the frequency response and voicing right.

As much as I like (and am proud of ) the first gen cabs, there is really no comparison. Got to get those mids right!

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:42 am