Big E Loudspeakers

A Forum to discuss Big E Loudspeakers and the MVW technology

and more MA109 fun

Superbird

and more MA109 fun

Post by Superbird on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:41 pm

MA109 + Double bass + Rockabilly/Country Outfit + Winters Tavern in Pacific CA (tons of character!)

Another eye opening and enjoyable gig adventure with just the upright this time. Setup on another riser stage and decided not to use iso pads this time, even though I packed them.

Awesome again. I think the driver is really getting loose now. The drummer was hitting aggressive rods on the slap tunes and the ten belted out articulate bass lines all night. The Gamut guts like this cab, tone!!

Very nice. And I was maybe 3 feet in front of the cab at a slight angle. No feedback battles. Crowd was happy!

I may be selling my 4x10. Never really considered that until now.
    Leland Crooks
    Manufacturer
    Manufacturer

Re: and more MA109 fun

Post by Leland Crooks on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:43 am

Nice.

coyoteboy
    Bronze Member
    Bronze Member

Post by coyoteboy on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Gig last nite with eub and 109, in Winters, CA no less. Very solid and connected with this speaker. Im wondering about the "growl" with this speaker. SB, you use/have growl with your URB?

Im getting more satisfying growl from my Bass Cub. I gota playround a bit to see if its the little speaks or something in the Cub pre. Any thoughts on the frequencies where the growl might live?

Superbird

Post by Superbird on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Cool! Had a blast at that club. Mid range / growl hasn't been a problem for me. I play with lo-fi gut tone so not much growl for me. Mids are important though and the 109 is great there. The highs are much smoother than your typical modern horn Tweeter. Have to boost more to equal the tweeter cab.

Maybe try a parametric eq and find some growl and boost or drop some lows? Have fun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 24, 2017 1:41 pm